5 Tips to Branding Wayfinding Signage
When planning a new building or venue what tops your task list? Location, interior design, maybe rent?
Where does wayfinding signage sit on that list?
Custom directory signs are a necessity for any new building or venue, yet it tends to be at the bottom of the priority barrel. At Signs By Tomorrow, we believe that directional and wayfinding signage and graphics can be fun, whimsical and even aid in increasing your brand perception through unique and engaging design.
Check out these 5 twists on traditional directional and wayfinding signs:
- Try customizing your ADA and other mandated indoor wayfinding signage with your company’s branding and identity. Custom ADA signage can be manufactured from various colored materials to match your identity. You can even apply graphics or engrave signage with your custom logo.
- Choose materials that match your office setting. Is your organization focused on environmental sustainability? Then maybe natural looking routed or engraved wood materials would be a good fit for your office. Work in an industrial setting? Consider brushed aluminum as your wayfinding signage material of choice.
- Add depth and dimension to your wayfinding signage by combining materials. Place clear acrylic over a metal backer for an industrial or modern look.
- Quickly and easily showcase your business as modern and sophisticated by including digital signage displays as part of your wayfinding graphics. The latest digital displays allow you to change directories with the touch of a button.
- Take advantage of today’s enhancements in routing technology to transform your wayfinding signage into custom shapes to fit your needs and stand out from the crowd. From simple ovals and triangles to more complex objects, your custom signage can be cut to a custom shape and graphics applied to replicate the look of your products or brand’s logo.
In today’s business environment it is vital that you differentiate yourself from the competition and position your brand at every point of customer contact. By customizing even the simplest of signage and graphics you are strengthening your brand and creating better brand retention.
Customizing your wayfinding signs can also help delivery upon your brand’s IMC (Integrated Marketing Communications) messaging; we’ve outlined strategies and tactics to help you start up a IMC plan in previous blog posts.
Don’t forget that custom directory or wayfinding signage isn’t exclusive to the interior of your building—exterior building signage can be branded as well.
To learn more about how Signs By Tomorrow has helped clients create exciting and unique outdoor signage read our recently published case study on the topic.